Reading scheme EYFS
At St Barnabas and St Paul’s we use Dandelion Reader and Dandelion Launcher books in order to give children the best start in segmenting and blending Phase 2 sounds, before progressing onto Phase 3 when they are comfortable and confident.
Reading scheme KS1
At St Barnabas and St Paul's we use the UK's number one reading programme which gives children the very best start. With systematic phonics at its heart, Oxford Reading Tree's well-loved characters, breadth and unrivalled support make this a must for every school. This is used alongside the Dandelion Readers and Launcher books to provide comprehensive coverage of letter sounds and phonic skills.
We use our reading books to;
- Teach - using systematic phonics resources and training that really work
- Practice - with more decodable readers than any other reading programme
Offer richer reading - through a huge selection of stories with children's best-loved characters
- Bridge the gap - with support for the transition from phonics into richer reading
- Make progress - through careful levelling
- Support Parents - with detailed inside cover notes in every book