These priorities are taken from staff feedback, SLT observations both formal and informal, book monitoring and analysis of school data.
To raise standards and improve pupil progress in all aspects of English and across all year groups.
To improve teaching and learning of Maths by developing conceptual understanding of number so that children can become fluent, reason and solve problems.
To further enhance the quality of the school's curriculum.
To establish a clear culture on schools’ mission, vision and core Christian Values
At St Barnabas and St Paul's we have outstanding teachers and lots of excellent practice can be seen through all key stages. Here is a list of the good practice witnessed day to day in the different key stages;
- Transition from nursery to school - nursery visits, home visits, transition sessions, parents meetings
- Indoor Continuous Provision areas
- Key person for each child
- Bilingual support and support for speaking and listening
- Speaking assessments
- Independent writing books
- Coaching and mentoring of NQT
- Interventions for SEN children - use of specific TAs suited to needs
- Use of TAs to support LA and HA children
- Staff teamwork
- We provide experiences for our pupils to enrich their learning and provide them with life long memories.
KEY STAGE 1:
- Coaching and monitoring of NQT.
- Opportunity to observe and coach each other as a team.
- Higher ability children in Year 2, targeted through employment of new TA.
- Intervention groups regularly timetabled and amended to support vulnerable learners when needed.
- Phonics groups regularly monitored to ensure progress of all children.
- Team planning and meetings to share good practise and disseminate ideas.
- Opportunity provided for parents to attend lessons and informative meetings.
- All staff plan ahead to ensure that new curriculum objectives are covered.
- We plan and deliver fun and exciting lessons which engage our children.
KEY STAGE 2
- Quality of teaching
- Quality of work in books
- Data and academic results
- Professional development of all staff.
- TA training and appraisal.
- Continuous focus on teaching and learning.
- Middle management sharing outstanding practice and coaching others.
- Interventions to close the gap.
- SEN provision
- G&T provision
- Inspirational leadership
- Much improved positive culture and ethos.
- Lunch time play
- Recruitment of excellent staff
- Induction and training of staff