Meet the Attendance Team
Our Attendance Team monitor school attendance and punctuality daily as your child’s learning and well-being is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together with parents/carers is the best way to result in positive attendance outcomes for our children and ask that you support us with ensuring your child regularly attends and is on time.
We cannot be complacent where there are instances of persistently low attendance, or if children are regularly late to school. Below are some of the ways we ensure attendance and punctuality remain a high priority in school.
- Attendance is monitored daily by either the Office Team or the Inclusion Team.
- School have a thorough and robust system for obtaining the whereabouts of all of our pupils.
- Attendance is everyone's responsibility and any concerns with attendance are raised promptly.
- Weekly Attendance Team meetings occur in school.
- Late door – a member of the Attendance Team will greet you daily at the Main Entrance if your child arrives after 9am.
- Daily home visits for unexplained/unauthorised absences.
- Parent Workshops aimed at improving Attendance and Punctuality.
- Family Meetings (Exceptional Leave, Persistence Absences/Lateness, Improvement and Thank yous…)
- Working with cluster schools to identify families requiring additional support.
Please visit the School Office if you wish to make an appointment to speak to a member of our Attendance Team.